When was Agape founded?
Agape was founded in 2004 by a Steering Team from First Baptist Church of Round Rock who recognized the need for a pregnancy resource center in the Round Rock area. Since 2004, Agape has seen over 12,000 clients for a free pregnancy test and over 50,000 return visits for classes, maternity clothes and other services. Today, Agape enjoys the support of over 20 local churches and hundreds of individuals in the community.
What does Agape do?
Our name, Agape Pregnancy Resource Center, says it all.
First, Agape is the Greek word for the highest form of love…God’s unconditional love. We exist to demonstrate and share that love with everyone who walks through the doors at Agape. We don’t judge, pressure or condemn. We just offer love, encouragement and support during a difficult time in a young woman’s life.
Pregnancy Resource Center encompasses the practical aspect of our mission as we provide limited medical services, numerous classes, and other resources to help young women and their partner or support person If she decides to par- ent, our services extend until her child’s 2nd birthday so that she is empowered and equipped to parent effectively.
How is Agape managed?
- Board of Directors: Agape is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and governed by an amazing and talented Board of Directors who meet monthly to ensure all operations are running smoothly, with integrity and according to the highest standards possible.
- Executive Director: oversees all operations of Agape and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Client Services Administrators: Oversee day-to-day operations and manage Agape’s volunteers in order to provide quality services for Agape’s clients.
- Medical Staff: Limited medical services are overseen by Agape’s Medical Director, a local Ob/Gyn, and our Nurse Manager. In addition, Agape currently has several staff & volunteer RN’s and Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS). Agape is in compliance with HIPAA and OSHA standards, has a CLIA Waiver from the state of Texas to perform pregnancy tests and adheres to all medical policies as recommended by NIFLA.
- Mobile PRC Staff: our Mobile Operations Manager will oversee management of the mobile center. During service times, the mobile will be staffed by a driver, Client Advocate and Nurse Sonographer or an RDMS.
- Volunteers: Agape currently has 27 volunteers serving weekly as administrative helpers, class teachers and Client Advocates. Our Client Advocates undergo rigorous training to ensure that our clients receive quality, compassionate care.
How is Agape funded?
Agape receives no federal, state, or local government funding. Our funds come solely from the generosity of local churches, businesses and individuals who support Agape’s mission. Agape’s finances are reviewed annually by a certified CPA. In addition, Agape is a member of the Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability. We take the gifts entrusted to our ministry very seriously and do our best to spend every dollar wisely! Our financial records can be seen here: